Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Emerald City

Vacation has been on my mind lately. Alot. I just wanted to share one of my favorite vacation spots with you. We call it The Emerald City - for obvious reasons. Once you enter The Emerald City, there is really no reason to leave. Ever. It's better than home. And you don't have to wear ruby slippers. In fact, they frown upon it.


OK. The real location is the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. If you have never been there, call and book your trip TODAY! Of course, if you are like me, you will have to save up for about fifty years before you go. I promise it will be worth the sacrifice.


My favorite part of going to the resort is being able to see all of the live critters. They are scattered throughout the entire complex. Huge aquariums are filled with sharks and other less intimidating fish, underground tunnels house a plethora of ocean life, and my favorite sea creatures line the manicured walkways....

"At that moment, I WAS a Marine Biologist" -George Costanza

The folks at Atlantis are also very conscientious about the health of their fish:

This is my favorite dining spot. You can eat outside and enjoy the wonderful view of The Emerald City. The food is pretty good too!! Shrimp salad anyone?? Sorry, I can't recall the name of the place. I just call it That Shell Restaurant.



I hope you've enjoyed your mini tour of Atlantis. It's truly one of my favorite places.

Feel free to send me a thank you note once you return. Better yet, I'll meet you at That Shell Restaurant for a drink!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh... we went there last year and I agree, it was amazing! Here's a picture of the view from our room

See the rainbow??! This was what awaited us when we first looked out of it. I want to go back.