Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July

Today, as we celebrate our independence, please remember those who are serving, and have served, in our armed forces. My step father served in Vietnam. I am thankful for him, and I make sure he knows that.


I also have uncles who served in the military. They did not experience combat, but they served nonetheless. For that, I am thankful.



I can't imagine what our lives would be like if it weren't for the people who voluntarily put their lives on the line for our freedom.


To my family members who served: I love you. To those I do not know: Thank you.


Later today, we will be celebrating at our house with family and friends. A little swimming, a little grill food, and lots of laughter! What are you doing to celebrate?

2 comments:

I Am Woody said...

I couldn't agree more. My 4th of July plans? - work. Doesn't that just suck???

Holy Crappers said...

My dad is a WW2 vet...my Uncle was a Korean war vet and my hubby is a Gulf war vet......

Happy 4th to you all :)

peace
#2