Thursday, July 3, 2008

Glory Days - Episode One: The Camaro

In celebration of the "Sincerely 'Fro Me to You" carnival at http://www.wearethatfamily.com/2008/07/sincerely-fro-me-to-you-ink-parlor.html, The Surveyor has asked me to do this post about his Camaro. Not just any Camaro, mind you, his 1969 Camaro. She was his first love, and he will never forget her.



This photo was taken in the summer of 1984. The only reason I recall the date is because it is printed on the back of the picture. That summer, we must have put a thousand miles on her. Trips to the beach, riding around and looking for friends to hang out with, doing donuts in the school parking lot, driving REALLY fast with my girlfriends in the car (Hey, they dared me to. It wasn't MY idea) - those were the days.



Eventually, adult responsibilities forced The Surveyor to sell his beloved. We had a mortgage, two dogs and a baby. There wasn't much room left in our lives for the old girl. She had been sitting in the yard, neglected, for quite a while. It was a sad day when she drove away for the last time. I believe there were tears.



The Surveyor is currently watching the internet in hopes of finding a new love. Evidently, '69 Camaros have become collector's items, and we will need to take out a second mortgage and sell our child when he finds one he would like to purchase. He's not giving up hope!



By the way, did I ever tell you about the time I auditioned for a White Snake video? Or was it "Flashdance"?



Before you leave, don't forget to VOTE. The Surveyor has asked that he now be referred to as "Cool Breeze" on this site. I originally decided to name him The Surveyor because, well, he's a land surveyor. Duh! We have a friend who has called him Cool Breeze forever, and he just likes that name better than the one his loving wife chose for him. I told him that I would put it out there for a vote, and we would go with the majority. Fair enough. I'll post the results tomorrow.


Thanks for stopping by. Do you know of anyone who would trade a '69 Camaro for land surveying services? Just asking.


21 comments:

Unknown said...

UMMM! The Surveyor makes sense to me! Why wouldn't you name him that! Cute post! OOPS! If my husband saw that I just wrote that a post about a Camaro was cute, I would be reprimanded. So I will correct myself- COOL post!

I Am Woody said...

I vote for The Surveyor. He is in great company - George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were surveyors!

My hubby's first love was a 1963 Chevy pickup with step-side bed and a something-something motor and a something-something else, etc.

I saw a VERY OLD truck that was painted about 50 different colors and had a hole in the floor (he thought it was pretty convenient as a spitoon) that sucked every extra dollar out of our hands!!

Deep down, I think he still resents me for 'making' him get rid of it!

Cassandra said...

surveyor

The Apron Queen said...

Humor him & refer to him as Cool Breeze every now & then. :D

Come see my underpants! http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

I thought I had seen you before. Whitesnake rocks!! hehe..
I still like the Surveyor.

Happy Mommy said...

I like the surveyor! I also love the old car pictures! My husband and I had a 75 Monte Carlo we loved.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

I so love that car and my dad had one simular that he fixed up and it rocked!

As for the name..well let's just say yours is "real life" and unless he's going through "mid-life" he doesn't need to reclaim his youth..yet LOL!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

I say keep Surveyor.
Great pic and great memories. Hope he finds his dream car soon!

TJ said...

How come their first love is always a car? I will never be able to replace the 1969 1/2 Six Pack Super Bee.

Big Hair Envy said...

TJ - I just asked The Surveyor, aka: Cool Breeze, what a Six Pack Super Bee was. He told me, but I have no idea what he was talking about. Evidently, I am not fluent in muscle car.

littletoesandcheerios said...

Looks like WhiteSnake to me! Great picture for a commercial don't ya think?

Unknown said...

That is a sweet ride. The Man had an 81 Camaro as his first car and he sort of gets little twinges of love whenever he sees one.

I've always had this idea that I'd buy him one someday and put a big bow on it. Probably won't happen. :)

Holy Crappers said...

Oh man...cool breeze had some nice wheels :)

I have an 88 IROQ sitting apart in my garage....ya know....for the renovation....when the big ass building gets put up out back...ya know...when we retire...lol

Cool breeze can take it....come steal it...please.....oh please

peace
#2

Momisodes said...

Holy Flashdance! What a little hottie :) Whitesnake rocks :)

I vote Surveyor.

Holy Crappers said...

Blessing my self !!

Kristen said...

What a great car! My hubby wants one too. He foams at the mouth whenever he sees one! I hope The Surveyor finds his true love again :D

And, I'm glad you're linking up-I look forward to Thursdays too!

Heidi Schulz said...

I'd go with cool breeze. If you get tired of typing you can call him CB.
Could also stand for Camaro Babe... Wait, that'd be you!
Cue music: Here I go again on my own, goin' down the only road I've ever known...

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You DO look familiar. And I always thought Tawny Kitaen was no the right person to sit on that car. Obviously, you were!

Hallie :)

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, my husband had a camaro too, and felt the same way about it!

I vote for whichever blog handle gets your man to do a nice favor for you. :)

Tammy said...

Love the babe on the car photo!

And I like the Surveyor too.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

I'm kind of thinking The Surveyor's name may need to be changed to "Bitchin' Camero"? Or just "Camero?" or maybe "Bitchin?" You be the judge.

And dude, the pink panty drink recipe? Oh my! You KNOW it's a party when the recipe tells you to mix the ingredients in a COOLER. Yeeeeeoooow!

I love it ... or to go with your post, like TOTALLY love it ... to the MAX.