Friday, March 23, 2012

Bonne Bell Lip Smackers

The advertisement above could be found in any Teen Beat or Tiger Beat magazine...two pages over from the ads for Tickle deodorant;)


Oh, the 70's! A time for bell bottoms, disco and Bonne Belle Lip Smackers! Does anyone remember those? I'm not talking about the ones available today - those are the size of a tube of Chapstick. These were the biggest mamma-jamma lip glosses you have ever seen! They were about the size of a toilet paper roll. And we loved them!!!! Personally, I preferred three flavors - 7-Up, Dr. Pepper & Orange Crush. See a pattern there?? Soft drink flavors! They certainly tasted better than TAB. GAH! It was also fun to mix the flavors; although, the tubes were too heavy to carry more than one in your purse at a time. Just kidding. Not really.

If you hadn't already noticed, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today. Maybe it's time to get the old gang together and see if there are any skating rinks still in operation.
Hope I can find by pom-poms;)

Have a GREAT weekend!


5 comments:

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Dr.Pepper not only had the best flavor, but the best color too, however slight.

LOVED me some Lip Smackers.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Wait.

Did you say roller derby?

No, you said skating rink. Either way, sign me up!

Mental P Mama said...

Waaaaaah. I wanna be down there.

I Am Woody said...

Just yesterday, I was thinking about my clackers. I loved those things!

Daryl said...

you need to come here .. now