Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kindness

It's dark when I get up in the morning, and it's dark when I get home from work. It's been raining for two days, and all signs point to two more days of the blasted stuff. Along with flooding, downed trees and possible loss of power. The beautiful weather we experienced last weekend is a distant memory.
My cat is in a state of weather denial. She's a "stick your head in the sand" kind of gal!!



I'm fortunate to have some amazing friends whose random acts of kindness always get me through the storms. Krissa over at Halfasstic sent me this cute wall hanging. I'd better stock up on Aqua Net and buy a new teasing comb!!
Another friend stopped by the office today and brought this homemade apple pie. I'm going to stop on the way home and pick up some vanilla ice cream to go along with it. Jealous?

I am very thankful for the kindness of friends. They always seem to be there when you need them most.

14 comments:

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Yes, very jealous. CAn I just dive head first into the screen and put my face in that pie?

Friends do make the world go around. They also make you die laughing when they wear wonky teeth.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Now aint that Krissa just the best evah! She knows you!
And thank God for friends! You are gonna save me a slice of the pie right GF?
Friends do make the world a better place!
<><

HalfAsstic.com said...

Ohmigawd, woman! Eat a piece of that pie for me!
Heh, enjoy!

HalfAsstic.com said...

Oh! And your cat has exactly the right attitude for the weather you're having! Take note! ;-)

Country Girl said...

Good people have good friends. This is true.

Busy Bee Suz said...

What would life be like without friends??? Hope your weather clears up...dang, I can almost smell that PIE!!!

Mental P Mama said...

So sweet! And now I want pie. Thanks;)

mom x 2 said...

Good friends are amazing! That's why I love you :) And I hear it from a good source that good friends share their pies ;)

Daryl said...

I guess I will just say ditto to both Kate's and Mental P's remarks

xo

Keetha said...

Pie! I am jealous!

Have a good weekend. :-)

Caution/Lisa said...

Oh, you DO have good friends. They need to meet me. Especially the one who baked the pie.

Jason, as himself said...

That is so nice.

And I LOVE the high hair quote. Perfect!!! Cracks me up.

I Am Woody said...

The older I get, the more I value my friends. Friends bring so much joy to my life!

Unknown said...

Jealous doesn't begin to describe how I feel!! That Krissa is one heck of a pal sending you that sign...but really, can you think of anyone else who deserves it? Pie...homemade apple pie...with ice cream. Excuse me while I go into my corner and weep.

Stay safe!!