Thursday, October 30, 2008

"Blogging Best Friend" Tag

My friend Suz over at Alive in Wonderland gave me this little BBF tag earlier in the week. As children, we attended the same "charm school" - of course, we were on different coasts, but THAT doesn't diminish the bond that only Wendy Ward graduates share. I LOVE the pictures on her Daily Photo Blog. She is out to prove that Orange County, CA is warm and fuzzy, NOT cold and cynical. She's managed to convince this country girl that there ARE places in her neck of the woods that would make me feel right at home! She's also rekindled my interest in Roller Derby, and H.R. Puffenstuff:) Scoot on over and pay her a visit - tell her BHE sent you!

Here are the rules:

1. Only five people are allowed.

2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.

3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog, and live in another part of the world. (This will be difficult because I am not yet known worldwide:) Heehee!)

4. You must link back to whoever linked to you.


(Suz said that she would still be my BBF if I chose NOT to respond to the tag, so I will extend the same sentiment to my chosen ones!)


1. Sometimes Serendipitous Girl SSG will have to count as my person from another part of the world - she lives in Portland, and that is a LONG way from here!!! I enjoy her site because I am able to live vicariously through her. Trips to Paris, Lemon Drops, firemen, a snuggly pooch, and fabulous friends are just another day in the life for this cool chick!
2. Belladella If you want to feel relaxed, GO TO THIS SITE IMMEDIATELY! The photos of her farm, the old general store and her cozy home will make you want to move to the country....today! If you're not careful, she may have you heading out to thrift stores to search for hidden treasures and vintage thingies.
3. The Incredible Woody My friend Woody has had a difficult time of late. She sprained her ankle, and that may keep her from going on a wonderful trip. She's the traveling, adventurous type, and such an injury would prevent her from being able to ride her bike like the wind again - if she were to come across another BEAR! Thank goodness she is back in Tennessee with her family. What would she do if Dad wasn't around to pick up a few groceries?

4. Busy Bee Suz Suz is a wonderful new addition to my blog roll. She has just welcomed a new son into her family - one with four legs! All of the effort was worth it once they finally got the little guy home. Most of the time, she gets more done before breakfast than the rest of us do all day; however, she HAS been known to lounge on the porch in her fuzzy robe. Decadent.

5. Bossy Yes, I did. I'm tagging Bossy. I LOVE Bossy. She's tall, she has big hair and she's in debt just like the rest of us. Why wouldn't you love her??? BTW - Bossy, that dip you made for the World Series party, I didn't love that. Sorry.


If you've never "met" these ladies, pay them a visit at your earliest convenience. You'll enjoy your time with each one.

14 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Fun stuff! Let me know if Bossy plays along;)

I Am Woody said...

Awwwww, gee thanks!!

It's funny really how close you can become via the internets!!

Bella Della said...

Awww. I feel so special today. Thanks chickie! Still in a fog, but special :) My friend came down the hall a bit ago and wisked me away to Target for our lunch hour. That helped!

BOSSY said...

(That's the sound of Bossy running from the room after ducking a tag. Bossy never was very good at playing nicely with the other children.)

nikkicrumpet said...

Congrats on the well deserved award. And thanks for the advice on buying by the case. Luckily in my old age I don't have to worry...It's all falling out anyway!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so sweet.
Thanks a bunch Friend!!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, fun stuff...I will have to check out their sites very soon. I will tell them you sent me.

Marlene

Unknown said...

As someone who grew up and lived my whole life in Orangc County CA, right at the beach...until last year, I can attest for the fact that no one normal lives there. Ummm, I meant ONLY normal.. sorry about that!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Awwww! No, you're MY BFF. No you are. No you. No. You. Wait, am I an idiot? Do I just have to put the fun little dealie thing on my blog?

Suz Broughton said...

OMG! That's the book! I wish I had it still. I would never sell it on Amazon. I would sleep with it every night if I had it!
Thanks for responding. I really would have been you BFF even if you didn't *) We're charm school sisters after all.
Suz
PS bought my roller skates and took them for a spin today--YOU HAVE TO GET A PAIR! I'll buy you pom-poms if you do!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

BHE can tag Bossy and Bossy comments. I want your autograph. Can I get it next time we come to ACDS?

Anonymous said...

Aww-- BFF- that makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie, girl

Come back to my blog and pic another #. One that you chose, has already been done. :)

Lindsay said...

I'll check them out when I get the chance. Lately, I can't seem to keep up with the blogs I already love! (like yours! :p)