Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. I'm sending her birthday greetings on my blog because I think it's much cooler than a card. I hope she thinks so too.

This is a picture that I came across recently in a photo album. I absolutely LOVE it! It was taken in front of my grandparents' house in 1968. I was two years old. Mom is pregnant with my middle sis. Isn't she beautiful? (She's a blond now, but she's still really cute!) Dad is tall, dark and handsome. (Still is. Just imagine more gray and no side part!) My dad used to carry me everywhere so I wouldn't get my shoes dirty.
My mom is one talented lady. She designs and makes her own jewelry, she is a fantastic cook, her flower arrangements rival the local florists, she loves to fish and isn't afraid to bait her own hook, and her interior decorating skills would make Martha crawl away in shame. I inherited none of these skills. I'm still pretty angry with the DNA Fairy.

Mom, I hope your birthday is the best one ever! I have a special dinner planned for tomorrow night. Can't wait to celebrate with you!

I love you.

15 comments:

littletoesandcheerios said...

Happy B-Day Mom! My mom & and I are very close...more like friends really. Great picture of you guys.

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

This is a great way to wish your mother a Happy Birthday...this way we can all shout out to her Happy Birthday BHE's mom!!!!
Great family photo.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Happy Birthday to Mom!

I think our mom's sharing the same bday is pretty cool too!!

Happy Bday to BOTH our moms!!

Hallie :)

mom x 2 said...

Happy Birthday Mom!!!! Aren't moms the BEST ! Great family photo :) You were pretty cute BHE and Mom and Dad are lookers too! Have a great one MOM!

Holy Crappers said...

Happy Birthday to your Momma!!!



#2

Unknown said...

Hey There...thanks for stopping by my site...I love both Wburg and the RIC, sometimes perfer to go Short Pump because then I can go pester my oldest daughter who is a senior at VCU. Your site is really fun and I do hope your Mom has a great birthday as well. Hope to talk to you again soon.

Marlene

Unknown said...

Where are you located centrally...near what town/city as not to give out personal information...

I Am Woody said...

Happy Birthday Big Hair Mom!! Hope you have a great day!!

Ok, Where Was I? said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your mom.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Holy cow - I think your mother has a twin out there and it's my mother. They look slightly different but your words otherwise described mine to a T. Scary.

Happy Birthday to Mom!

p.s. I did the same thing for Fathers Day this year, and my Father seemed exceedingly underwhelmed. I am sure your mother will love her tribute. It's beautiful.

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Happy Birthday Mom!

(Would she like a lemon drop?)

Unknown said...

"Happy Birthday" To your momma! Love the picture...this is the same year "my baby" was born and that would be "Pleasing Procrasinator" Have a safe and fun weekend!

HalfAsstic.com said...

AWWW! That was SO sweet! I know exactly how you feel! DNA left me hanging in a few areas, also!
Happy Birthday, Mom!

Suz Broughton said...

Alright, just found your blog through Foolery. I see "Okay, where was I?" is here too. Love it.
I, too, posted a Happy Birthday to my mom on my blog, but it was because I forgot to buy her a card.

Anonymous said...

Now, ain't she cute!!!!!!