Thursday, March 7, 2013

Getaway


The winter BLAHS got the best of me last week, so I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to meet a friend in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Sunshine, sand, sea, seafood, and '70's tunes.
Spectacular!


The weather was cool and breezy, but warm enough for jeans and flip flops. 
It seems that I never remember just how wonderful the sand feels under my feet
until I'm walking in it once again. 
Pity those times are so infrequent.
The sound of the ocean and the feel of the sand seem to sooth the soul. 
Well, mine anyway.


     There wasn't much competition from other
        shell-seekers,          
so I was able to bring home some beauties.
Shells and memories 
make the best souvenirs.


As with all good things, the weekend getaway ended much too quickly.
Or, perhaps, right on time...
  

4 comments:

Daryl said...

i know its not warm and beachy here but you gotta come back ...

I Am Woody said...

Spur of the moment trips are the BEST!!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Next time I'm coming with you, Louise. But I'm so glad you got a much needed break away from this place. (This place that we love so much, of course. Sometimes though, such as in every month of the year 2013, it can pluck your last good nerve.)

Love,
Thelma

Mental P Mama said...

So happy for you! We need to catch up. xoxo