Monday, June 22, 2009

My Dad

After church yesterday Snow White and I headed to Small Water Town, VA. (Not to be confused with the Small Water Town, VA where my class reunion was held Saturday night. More on that tomorrow.) We were excited about celebrating Father's Day AND my dad's birthday! Both of my sisters were there, but, unfortunately, a couple of the grandchildren were unable to attend.

When we arrived, Dad was "slaving over" a hot grill....with a HUGE smile on his face! Before long, dinner was served. There was so much food that I'm not sure I even SAW everything there was to eat! Have I ever mentioned that my family is NOT shy about eating??? After we scarfed down everything in sight enjoyed a leisurely dinner, it was time for dessert...

There was ice cream cake, carrot cake, apple pie and I have no idea what else was there because I was in a sugar coma.



Dad was more than ready to snuggle up to the kiddos for a quick photo session!

The kids couldn't wait to finish up so they could head to the park.

Mr. Man always makes me laugh! He wouldn't let ME take his picture, but he would actually POSE for Snow White!! I think he loves her more than he does me...


How did you celebrate Father's Day?

18 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Fun times! We had a busy day gardening in between rain showers. sigh. But I am off to Cville on Wednesday♪♬la la la ♬ ;)

Busy Bee Suz said...

This looks like a lovely day!!!
We just hung around the house and relaxed...perfect by me!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looks like you had a nice day with your handsome daddy! :)

Our day was finger licking good as we ate KFC (my dad's fav) and some home-made sides. It was yummy.
Then, we headed out to the pool so the kiddos could show off their mad swimming skills. :)

Have a great Monday!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Almost the same way, up to and including the sugar coma! Love the family photos.

Things are shaping up for Blog Fest. Later this week or more like this weekend I"ll send you an e-mail with the latest and greatest. I have to write every single step out otherwise I'll forget something. Also, we have a boat tour lined up!

Happy B-Day to your Dad.

Karen Deborah said...

awesome! yesterday was my brothers birthday too. My dad is coming tomorrow so we will celebrate then. I love being in a sugar coma.

Unknown said...

Wow, a double whammy...Father's Day and Birthday! Happy both to your dad. He looks like a movie star, but I can't think of who. Someone help me with this!! :0

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Dad!!! We did some grilling, watched some racing, and managed a whole lot of relaxing.

I Am Woody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I Am Woody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I Am Woody said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

I celebrated by loading my car in 90 degree heat, driving several hours, and then unloading my car (hauling my crap up a flight of stairs - yes, 2nd floor!) in 100 degree heat - awesome!

Keetha said...

That sounds like such a great day! Nothing like family. And ice cream cake. :-)

I Am Woody said...

Ok - so how many comments do you need from me?

HalfAsstic.com said...

John had to work! :-( But when he got home we sat outside in his new Adirondack chairs and barbecued.
Tell your dad that next year Mother's Day is on my birthday!

Daryl said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad ... and what fun it looks like the kids had... nice cake ...

mom x 2 said...

Happy Birthday to DAD! It was Bud's birthday too :) 16! Ohhh nooo! And we had ice cream cake but from Bruster's of course! We did all of our celebrating Saturday since Bud and the Salesman left early on Sunday. i spent Sunday all by myself - poor me! haha Looks like everyone had a blast :)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Looks like the funnest of days! Enjoy these days with your dad!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Looks like the funnest of days! Enjoy these days with your dad!

Suz Broughton said...

Emily's Birthday is the 21st too! It was fun to celebrate both at the same time. Sugar coma's rule! and they also get you out of doing the dishes.