Monday, April 13, 2009

Bloggers & The Red Cat

Early last Monday morning, Casa de Envy was abuzz with activity. Throwing last minute items into suitcases, jotting down notes for the house sitter (Thanks Middle Sis!!!), gulping down lethal amounts of coffee , and ensuring that all of the tickets had been packed. By 6:15 we were on our way to the train station. When 7:45 rolled around, we were settled into our seats and anxious to get moving.


One of the train stops took us through Quantico, VA. I tried to find a Marine for my Sometimes Serendipitous friend, but the base looked deserted. I'm sure they were off doing push ups, or lifting weights, or whatever it is that they do to stay in such great shape. Sorry, SSG. I tried. You'll just have to imagine that you can see those sexy jar heads through all of that fog.




When we arrived in New York, Penn Station was bustling. Big surprise there, huh? It was also pouring down rain. We were not about to let a little rain dampen our spirits! We hopped into a cab, and directed the driver to our hotel. All three of us were anxious to get the formalities out of the way, so we could get ready to meet our bloggy friends for dinner!!!

Daryl was gracious enough to make all of the arrangements, and was the first one there. Upon our arrival, she presented Snow White and me with the cutest gifts! (THANK YOU, DARYL!) Snow White LOVED her bracelets, and I LOVED my clever kitchen tile!! Be sure to click to enlarge the photo - it's covered with a map of a portion of New York City:) TOO CUTE!










A few minutes later, Mental P Mama and Annie arrived. For some reason, we all appear to have been drinking heavily. I assure you, that was NOT the case until later when this photo was taken.

Mental P Mama, Daryl, Annie & BHE
Mama forced invited her children to come along, and it was great to meet them as well! Snow White was thrilled to have some other teenagers around for the evening!!


Snow White, Augie & The Bird
(Notice the woman in background to the left (looks like blonde Olive Oyl), and the man to the right (scratching his head). Can you come up with clever captions for these two?? Heehee!)

The food was amazing!! I had the salmon.


Cool Breeze had the filet, but no one really noticed because we couldn't keep our hands off of his lightly fried asparagus...




We made sure that every glass on the table was empty...




...and we ventured out into the night for one last group photo.



Daryl, BHE, Annie, & Mama (saying something about prunes...)
The night ended MUCH too quickly, and we headed back to our hotel to get some rest. Day 2 of our big adventure would begin in just a few short hours!!

If you are not registered for Blog Fest, REGISTER NOW!! You DO NOT want to miss the opportunity to meet these ladies.......or any of the others who will be attending. You will laugh until you pee in your pants cry!!!

25 comments:

I Am Woody said...

Oh, what a fun night that looked like! But what happened to you in the pic by the table? Were you shrinking?!?!

Big Hair Envy said...

Hahahaha! No one told me that I was crouched three feet lower than everyone else!!!! I'll blame it on the kids...;)

Cool Breeze said...

Man, did I take that first pic of the 4 of you? Sorry 'bout that MP! Naw, couldn't have been me! Must have been Snow White.

Some clarification ... I did not have the filet. It was the double cut pork chop and those are fried green beans, not asparagus. How much did you say you drank to this point?

As far as the pic of the glasses ... mine is the one that's empty on the left.

As far as that last pic goes ... I still hear "PRUUUUNNEESSSS".

Thanks girls. I had a great time.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous that I might just cut and paste my picture in there and pretend I was there.

And look who's commenting? It's Cool Breeze! I like fried green beans a whole lot more than asparagus.

I can hardly wait for the Virginia blogfest. I really hope you guys decide to do T-shirts and presales! I'll need one for each day.

Daryl said...

String bean tempura! Not asperagoose .. and the fries with Parmesan ..sigh.... I love The Red Cat .. come on back ASAP there are lots of other excellent places to stuff our faces

Big Hair Envy said...

WHOOPS! My bad! I must be suffering from blogger butt AND blogger fog!!!!

I totally forgot about the fries w/ parmesan.....YUMMY!!!

So much food, so little time....

Mental P Mama said...

@ Cool Breeze: snort! Those beans were the best! And I am throwing that jacket away. Michelin Man no more! We miss y'all!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

OK, just as a heads up, if y'all scream PRUUUNNNES out around here? My neighbor who is descended from Tangier Island (read: very isolated) folks will come trotting over and y'all will be hit by a spray of chewing tobacco the likes of whidch have never been seen before. His nickname--for reasons i do not care to know--is Prunes.

Wish I could have been there, looks like so much fun!!

Unknown said...

So much FUN!!! These photos are wonderful and I am glad you got the chance to pre-screen all those northerns for us! (I'M KIDDING!)

Baby Favorite said...

Stop having all this fun WITHOUT ME, gosh darnit!!!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Oooooh! I love that you were having SO MUCH FUN and STILL keeping an eye out for a boyfriend for SSG!

Thanks for the shout out and HOW MUCH I wish I could have been there with you all!

Smoochies to you sexy bitches (that includes you CB!)
SSG

Barking Mad! said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

And yeah,it has been cold and wet up here in New England. Hopefully that's going to change soon. Glad to hear you didn't let a little rain dampen your spirits.

Auds at Barking Mad

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am so happy that you all had such a great FIRST night....gosh, you must be exhuasted by the end of the trip.
Snow White should be modeling as well as singing/acting. REALLY.
Suz

abb said...

Wasn't that just the very best night together??? We'll repeat it at blogfest!

Anonymous said...

Smiles,Smiles and more Smiles!! -- or is that the wine talking? :)

Great fun. I am jealous!

littletoesandcheerios said...

SOOOOOO Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe someday...


Glad you all had a great time and thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Dont you just love it when a good time is had by all?
I'm going next time!

Caution/Lisa said...

I do believe that Snow White will only have to stand on stage somewhere and smile, and she will be the greatest success of our century.

Keetha said...

The Big Apple will never be the same! Looks like great fun. :-)

Bella Della said...

Looks like a great time. I've never been to NYC- all over the world but never there.

TexasRed said...

Sounds like a great vacation and wonderful evening!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Hey check out the SouthBeach chicks on our side bars! OMG! too funny.

Plus dont forget to call.

Anonymous said...

I'm heading to NYC in May! I can't say I've ever been there to stay, just have flown through on my way somewhere else. After all your pics and fun, I now can't wait!!!! Only prob...I'm a class trip chaperone, and they've told us "no alcohol". Think I will just see what the hotel minibar holds! :-)

Suz Broughton said...

Yes, it does "appear" you had a few drinks LOL!
When you come to Cali, same deal, okay?

Anonymous said...

I am coming to Blog Fest and I cannot wait to see everyone in person!

Either that or y'all can come to Seattle and we'll go to the Brew Pub for some fun!