Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Crisis Averted

Last night one of the handles on my corkscrew broke JUST as I began to pull the cork from the bottle. (Who was that? I heard someone GASP audibly!)



As luck would have it, I remembered the corkscrew that I purchased at Wal-Mart in Texas last month. Cool Breeze and I bought a bottle of wine to take back to the room, and we picked up a corkscrew at the same time. I thoughtlessly packed it in my carry-on bag the next morning, and was treated to a tongue-lashing at the airport because of it. The nice man let me go with a warning. Where was I? Oh, yeah, so I dug the back-up corkscrew out of my bag and finished the job.

Don't you just LOVE happy endings?

12 comments:

I Am Woody said...

Whew! Crisis averted:)

Mental P Mama said...

Wow. I was going to need some smelling salts for a second there....

Busy Bee Suz said...

That was me gasping.
YES, I love a happy ending!!!!
LOL

Jason, as himself said...

There is a god after all. A god of wine, that is!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

OMG~I almost fainted!
<><

Keetha said...

That was a close one. Lesson learned: always, always have a backup corkscrew!

Daryl said...

Phew!!!!!!!

HalfAsstic.com said...

You scared the shit outa me! I was in tears there for a second until I got to the end of the nightmare,er, story. ;-)

Unknown said...

Sometimes I think I am a loser because I don't drink wine. I feel like it would add a whole 'nother level of glamor to my life... Currently there are NO levels of glamor whatsoever : (

Loved this!

Unknown said...

I once dug out the corkscrew with a knife......then had to pick out floating pieces of it from my wine.......

Did I mention I like wine??
LOL

Anonymous said...

Yep, love those happy endings! I opened a bottle of wine a few days ago. Part (well, most) of the cork broke apart and fell in. And, I was using a fancy-smancy corkscew that was brand new! YUCK

abb said...

That was me you heard gasp! Thank God it was a tragedy averted!